1.01.2007

If you can read this, you're probably not still hung over

If you're keeping track of things around here, you've likely realized that I never did get to that article I had planned for Christmas Eve. I ended up having to work until six o'clock and by the time I got home it was time to leave again and visit family...and then there's that whole A Christmas Story marathon thing (incidentally, I never watched the movie one time straight through from start to finish this year - just bits and pieces here and there...mostly there). I may or may not ever get around to that elusive article. I'm thinking I'll probably hold off until July when I go through Christmas withdrawal - might be kind of fun at that point, but as for now, it's a little too Christmassy for my tastes (if you just went into shcok after reading what I just typed, I'm sorry...when you wake up, email me and I'll send you an "I'm sorry" e-card). In the mean time, here's wishing all of you out there reading this article through the many pixels of your computer screens a bold-faced, all caps HAPPY NEW YEAR!

...And just like that, 24 hour news networks have nothing else to talk about

It's a year without that guy, so it's already shaping up to be a great one. By the way, did you hear all those jokes people have been making about Saddam? No? Oh well, they're all poorly executed anyway. Rim shot!